3.31.2009

Bird Food Recipe Helped to Draw in Bluebirds to my Feeder

bird food attracted blue bird
I was so excited to see this Bluebird visit my feeder. I have tried for years to attract Bluebirds but never had any luck until this year.

I live in a rural area so we have a large amount of Bluebirds in the area. Attracting them to the nest boxes and feeders is still a difficult task. Recently I tried one of the suet recipes in this book and you see the results. It took a couple of days but it wasn't long before the beautiful bird made its way and helped itself to the bird food offerings.

This was the results of utilizing just one of the recipes. The book offers a multitude of recipes so I will be busy all year long trying to attract birds I wasn't able to in the past. My main staple of bird food consists of black oil sunflower seeds and this attracts a good many birds; but in the future can you imagine my delight when a breed I haven't seen before shows up to partake of my recipes for birds.